Connections Nurse Advocates can:
- Explain things to you and your family about your diagnosis, medications, treatments and plans of care.
- Research your conditions and health status to present you with information about treatment options.
- Advocate for you during emergency room visits, hospital or nursing home stays
- Facilitate timely appointments with healthcare providers.
- Accompany you to appointments to help ensure you get important questions asked and answered.
- Connect you with other services you may need on a short or long term basis including rehabilitation facilities, nursing homes, home health nurses, healthcare supplies, insurance specialists and health advocacy lawyers.
- Empower you to take charge of your own health and advocate for your needs and wishes.
Connections Nurse Advocates CANNOT:
- Make your healthcare decisions for you
- Make medical diagnoses
- Provide legal services determining malpractice or liability